Honduras, officially the Republic of Honduras, is a country in Central America. The republic of Honduras is bordered to the west by Guatemala, to the southwest by El Salvador, to the southeast by Nicaragua, to the south by the Pacific Ocean at the Gulf of Fonseca, and to the north by the Gulf of Honduras, a large inlet of the Caribbean Sea. Its capital and largest city is Tegucigalpa.
- On Monday, February 28, the newly inaugurated government of progressive President Xiomara Castro declared Honduras a country free of open-pit mining as a measure to protect its environment...“The approval of extractivist exploitation permits is canceled, as they are harmful to the State of Honduras, which threaten natural resources, public health and limit access to water as a human right,” said the MIAMBIENTE.
- "Tu bandera es un lampo de cielo" (national anthem of Honduras)
- Your flag, your flag is a splendour of sky
- Crossed by a block, by a block of snow;
- And seen on its sacred background
- Are five stars of pale blue;
- On your emblem, which a roaring sea
- Shields with its rough waves,
- Behind the bare summit of a volcano, of a volcano,
- There is a star, there is a star of clear light.