The World Teacher for All Humanity
The World Teacher for All Humanity is a 2007 book by Benjamin Creme about "Maitreya", a being Creme claimed to be the "World Teacher" and one whom all religions point towards and hope for. Other names for him according to Creme, include Maitreya Buddha, the Christ, the Imam Mahdi, Krishna, and the Messiah. Creme claimed that Maitreya is the "Avatar for the Aquarian Age", is omniscient and omnipresent, and has worked behind the scenes from London since 19 July 1977.
- As Maitreya, the World Teacher, stands poised ready to emerge into full public work, we have brought together in this book an overview of the background to this momentous event... The book details the planned return of our planetary Hierarchy and the descent of Maitreya from His Himalayan retreat in July 1977 and of His work in the world, albeit behind the scenes, since then. It speaks too of the enormous changes that His presence has brought about; of His plans and projects, and His priorities and recommendations in the immediate future time. It shows Him as a great and powerful Avatar and, at the same time, as a friend and brother of humanity. (Preface)
- Maitreya’s advice will bring humanity to a simple choice between two lines of action: to ignore His recommendations and continue in our present mode of life, and so face self destruction; or to accept gladly His counsel to inaugurate a system of sharing and justice which will guarantee a peaceful and prosperous future for humanity, and the creation of a civilization based on the inner divinity of all men. Maitreya is in no doubt of the choice we will make and looks forward to the open continuation of His mission on our behalf (Preface)
- Much of what I have to say is already known, or if not known, easily available. Beginning in 1875, some of this information has already been published in books translated into many languages, and is available to anyone who takes the trouble to read them. ...Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, founder of the Theosophical Society, began the dissemination of this information...followed in 1924 by...Helena Roerich, through whom the Agni Yoga teachings were given to the world, and by...Alice A. Bailey, between 1919 and 1949. I have been able to bring these teachings up to date, to show what is actually happening in the process of the return of the Masters to the everyday world.
- It is from my own personal experiences and contacts that I make these assertions. But I am not asking you to believe me. I am simply presenting my information to you for your consideration. If it appears to you to be reasonable and rational... if in a word it has for you the ring of truth, then by all means believe it, but otherwise not. I am perfectly conscious that much of this information will appear strange and perhaps unbelievable to some of you. If that is the case, please be assured that I shall not be the slightest bit offended or even disappointed. But if this information at least allows you to hope for a better future... I shall be perfectly satisfied.
- What the world needs now is the removal of fear and the renewal of hope. We are going through one of the greatest periods of tension since the end of the Cold War. This particular phase of tension and crisis began on 11 September 2001... That terrible, dramatic attack took America and the entire world by surprise and shock. The world has been in a state of shock ever since. But I suggest it should not have taken the world so much by surprise...
- The American, British and other governments have not recognized that the attack on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, and the foiled attack on the White House... is the effect of a cause. In other words, ...it is the result of the Law of Karma, the Law of Cause and Effect.
- The cause is complex, but put very simply, it is the extreme difference in living standards between the developed Western world and the developing world. One-third of the world — mainly America, Europe, Japan, Australia, and Canada — usurp and greedily waste three-quarters of the world’s food, and some 83 per cent of all other resources. The developing world, the so-called Third World, has to make due with the rest, distributed among two-thirds of the world’s population. This division is the result of greed, lack of compassion, and complacency. It is unfair and extraordinarily dangerous for the security of the world.
- The developing world will not for ever put up with this state of affairs. They will demand their fair share... The first steps in that direction were the attacks on America... The greatest danger is the discrepancy in living standards between the developed and the developing world.
- Humanity is taking a long time to understand... the true problems that beset it today. But unless it understands these problems, there will be no hope for the future of the world. The tensions existing in this discrepancy of living standards have within them the seeds of a third world war. That war would be nuclear and would destroy all life on the planet.
- If I did not know what I do know, I would have little hope that humanity would survive, little hope that in time humanity would awaken to the real problems that beset it, and begin to change.
- There has stood behind humanity, from the earliest days of its existence, a group of men of extraordinary insight and wisdom, called the Masters of Wisdom, the Spiritual Hierarchy of our planet... This group of men have gone ahead of us in evolution. They have come to a point where They need no further incarnational experience on Earth, but nevertheless remain to act as a kind of inner government of the world. The Masters are the Custodians of the Plan of evolution that is driving humanity forward and upward, whether we are aware of it or not. They have brought humanity from the stage of early animal man and woman to the point where we are today — guiding, protecting and stimulating the evolutionary advance of all people.
Sometimes They have worked more openly, but for the last 98,000 years, with very few exceptions, They have lived in the remote mountain and desert areas of the world, such as the Himalaya, the Andes, the Rockies, the Carpathians, the Urals, and the Gobi Desert and other deserts. From these mountain and desert areas, working mainly through Their disciples, men and women in the world, They have guided humanity along the evolutionary path with Their love and wisdom.
- Until relatively recently, it was thought it would probably be 1,200 or 1,300 years yet before we would be ready to receive men of that kind of spiritual potency into our everyday world. But in June 1945, at the end of the Second World War, Maitreya, the head and leader of that group of perfected men, announced His decision to return at the earliest possible moment into the world, along with a large number of His group.
- Maitreya said that He would come when a measure of peace had been established in the world, when the energy we call goodwill, which the Masters see as the lowest aspect of love, was manifesting and leading to the establishment of correct human relationships, and when the religious and political groups were putting their houses in order. These conditions did not have to be perfectly met, but when our minds were at least moving in these directions, Maitreya said that He would come without fail...
- Historically... Hercules, Hermes, Rama, Mithra, Vyasa, Confucius, Zoroaster, Krishna, Shankaracharya, Gautama, Jesus and Mohammed... have all been disciples overshadowed by the teacher Himself. Just as the Buddha worked through the Prince Gautama, so in Palestine Maitreya worked through Jesus of Nazareth.
- Maitreya is the head and leader of His group of disciples, the Masters of Wisdom, and holds the office of World Teacher. He has held this office for the last 2,000 years, appearing through Jesus, and will be the World Teacher for this coming age, the age of Aquarius, which is now beginning and will last about 2,350 to 2,500 years.
- What do I mean by the coming age of Aquarius? Let me illustrate it in astronomical terms, because it is an astronomical fact that we are entering a New Age. The solar system of which we are a part makes a journey in space that takes, relative to the constellations, about 25,000-26,000 years to complete. Therefore every approximately 2,150 years our sun comes into a particular alignment, an energetic relationship, with each of the constellations in turn. When the sun is in that alignment, we say we are in the age of that particular constellation.
- The energies of Aquarius, which are mounting in potency with every day that passes, work on us in a very different way. They have a completely different effect on humanity. They are the energies of synthesis. As the energies of Pisces have divided the world, the energies of Aquarius will draw humanity together, blending and fusing humanity into one group. At the start of every new age, from the beginning of time, a Teacher from the Spiritual Hierarchy of Masters has come into the world to inaugurate the age, set in motion the ideas that would uplift and galvanize humanity, bringing it forward in its evolution, and creating conditions in which this could be done.
- Establishment of Peace - Maitreya’s plans are to awaken humanity to the perils before it and show humanity how to avoid self-destruction. Maitreya says it is really very simple for humanity if we could take the first step. Humanity needs above all to establish peace. Without peace there will be no future for humanity because we have the nuclear capacity to destroy the world and all life, human and subhuman alike. How do we get peace? That is the essential question. Certainly not using the methods of the American and British governments in recent times when they attack one country after another. That is certainly not going to give peace to the world.
- Only one thing will create peace and the end of terrorism — the creation of a just world. If there is no justice, there will never be peace. If there is no justice, there is no hope for any of us because everybody in the world will die unless we establish justice in the world. There is only one way to establish justice and that is to share the resources of the world more equitably.
- Without sharing there will never be justice. Without justice there will never be peace. Without peace there is no future for us.
- The developed nations have to realize that the world’s food and resources belong to everyone, are given by divine providence for all the peoples of the world, not just the developed nations who have the money to buy the food and resources. They have the money to buy because they are more advanced technologically, more advanced in industry perhaps. But the goods they produce do not give value to the resources and activities of the people of the Third World. This approach is cavalier, dishonest, greedy and selfish, and has to change, otherwise there is no future for the world.
- The Masters of the Spiritual Hierarchy have plans for the redistribution of the world’s resources, which will be presented as soon as humanity says: “You are right. We believe that the only way is by sharing better the resources. How do we do it?” It is simple to do. Probably the most simple thing to do is that first step into sharing... It will be done at national and international levels. Each nation will be asked to make an inventory of what it has and what it needs, what it produces and what it imports.
- Each nation will be asked to make over in trust for the world as a whole into a common pool that which it has in excess of its needs. Out of that common pool the needs of all can be met...
- [Sharing]... is the first step into the creation of justice in the world, and will create the essential for that correct relation that we call trust... with that creation of trust through sharing, we can overcome the situation of today of people who are filled with anger and resentment. They are filled with the sense of injustice, and they see no way for their children to be given a decent life, and so they turn, some of them, to terrorism.
- Maitreya’s teachings demonstrate and affirm the interconnectedness of everything in the world. This is the rationale of the Law of Karma, the Law of Cause and Effect... When humanity truly understands this...not just as an intellectual idea, it will see that every thought, every action, sets into motion a cause or causes. The effects stemming from these causes make our lives for good or ill. The need for harmlessness in every action in our lives becomes apparent. When we act, we have to know what the result of this action could be. If the action is destructive, it produces destruction in the world. If the action is not destructive, if it is creative, if it is harmless, it creates harmlessness, it creates good in the world.
- We have our evolution in our own hands.
- We have to begin to think in a more integrated way, seeing the connection between events, not putting everything into separate categories so they do not relate any more.
- Everything is related to everything else. Everything impinges on everything else. We have to acquire the insight and intelligent response to our feelings and intuitions about how to live.
- If we listen to our intuition, if we listen to the heart, we can learn to live in a way that is harmless, that does not cause this greedy, selfish, antagonistic pull between ourselves and society, between our country and another country.
- Everybody in the world without exception is looking for, aiming towards, longing for, the experience of unity. Equilibrium reflects the underlying unity of all people. But our modern world is built on competition, the opposite of equilibrium.
- We are locked into competition and what we need is co-operation. Co-operation reflects the longing for unity, the longing for equilibrium, which is the only possible, creative way to proceed in evolution.
- If we are not aware, we become like a machine, antagonistic and destructive, the opposite of what we need and what we are, which is a co-operative, creative person who longs to create co-operatively with others and demonstrate the unity of the world. Everyone without exception at some level has that ideal because we are all part of the one humanity.
- When enough people are responding to what He has to say, Maitreya will be asked to speak to the entire world. On that day, the Day of Declaration, as it will be known, you will see a now-familiar face on television, that of Maitreya. The television networks of the world will be linked together by satellite, which are actually in place for this event. And then an extraordinary thing will happen. Simultaneously throughout the world people will see Maitreya’s face on their television sets [and smartphones, computers]. Maitreya is omniscient and omnipresent, and everyone above the age of 14 will hear His words, His thoughts, His ideas inwardly, silently, telepathically in their own language...
- Maitreya will give a short history of the long history of the world, and show the height from which humanity has fallen into the materialism of today. He will introduce the fact of His group, the Spiritual Hierarchy of Masters. He will show the future, and outline some of the extraordinary scientific marvels that will open up new life for humanity. He will make His appeal for justice, for sharing as the only way to justice, and so to peace in the world.